- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 pinch crushed hot chili pepper (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 red capsicum, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomatoes in a pan or pot with olive oil.
- Bring to the boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to low, add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and cover, let it cook for about 30 minutes stirring often.
- Taste -- if it's too acid, add 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- This makes enough sauce for three pizzas.