Recipe by Kay D.
This recipe came about when I had some leftover hotdog buns and some pepperoni. It's embarrassingly simple, but tastes like you just ordered from an Italian eatery. Kids will love this. My son loves it, and he is one of the pickiest kids I've ever met. I don't even use the sauce on mine.
Top Review by Radish4ever
EXCELLENT little snack that I made with my preschoolers! We made ours with whole wheat hamburger buns we had leftover from sloppy joes! :) I put about 1 tbsp of spaghetti sauce on each and about 1/2 oz of mozzarella and 3-4 pepperonis on each. They went over VERY well! In total, I made 8 little pizzas... We each ate 1 1/2 of them as our lunch entree, except my daughter's friend ate 2. hehe I'd love to do this and make Hawaiian pizzas next time! Thanks for the recipe!
- hot dogs or hamburger bun (use those leftovers, 1 or 2 per person)
- mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Layer pizza sauce,pepperoni, ham, and mozzarella cheese on opened bun.
- Broil the sandwich until the cheese is browned to your satisfaction.
- Obviously, you can load these sandwiches up to suit your particular taste, just like any pizza.