Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe came about when I had some leftover hotdog buns and some pepperoni. It's embarrassingly simple, but tastes like you just ordered from an Italian eatery. Kids will love this. My son loves it, and he is one of the pickiest kids I've ever met. I don't even use the sauce on mine.
- hot dogs or hamburger bun (use those leftovers, 1 or 2 per person)
- mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Layer pizza sauce,pepperoni, ham, and mozzarella cheese on opened bun.
- Broil the sandwich until the cheese is browned to your satisfaction.
- Obviously, you can load these sandwiches up to suit your particular taste, just like any pizza.
EXCELLENT little snack that I made with my preschoolers! We made ours with whole wheat hamburger buns we had leftover from sloppy joes! :) I put about 1 tbsp of spaghetti sauce on each and about 1/2 oz of mozzarella and 3-4 pepperonis on each. They went over VERY well! In total, I made 8 little pizzas... We each ate 1 1/2 of them as our lunch entree, except my daughter's friend ate 2. hehe I'd love to do this and make Hawaiian pizzas next time! Thanks for the recipe!
I used leftovers to make these for a quick lunch. We didn't have any ham. Mine was on a sub bun- I added Italian dressing & Pizza Seasoning and broiled mine until it was crispy. My 3 year-old DD had hers on a bagel, heated just until warmed. Lunch was good, quick, and easy- thanks!