Recipe by Lainey39
This is a different kind of "grilled cheese." Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- 8 slices Italian bread (3/4-inch thick)
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- pizza sauce, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- On four slices of bread, layer one slice of mozzarella, two slices of tomato, 1 t Parmesan cheese, a dash of garlic salt and six slices pepperoni.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and bread.
- Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- On a hot griddle, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce.