Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found this recipe in Rachael's Classic 30-Minute Meals book. Looked cool; give it a try when you're in the mood for pizza and salad at the same time!
- 2 tablespoons flour, for dusting
- 1 store-bought pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce or 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (Rachael used 2 cups, but I found that to be too much) or 1 cup shredded four cheese blend (Rachael used 2 cups, but I found that to be too much)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 lb prosciutto di Parma
- 3 cups arugula leaves
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean work surface. Roll out pizza dough to form a 12-inch round pie or 13x9 inch rectangular pie. Place on appropriate baking sheet.
- Spread sauce and cheese on the dough. Scatter the garlic and red pepper flakes on top of the cheese.
- Bake pizza for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy. Top hot pizza with sliced prosciutto, covering the whole pie.
- Toss arugula leaves with the lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pile leaves up on the center of the pizza. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.
Really a marinara pizza, topped with rucola and prosciutto after baking. Right up our street!
Just about to post from Family Circle which featured Rachael's recipe with an amazing photo. I think you could use a Bobli crust too to save time and just add the toppings.