Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This make a quick and yummy lunch. It really goes together fast and tastes so good.
Make and share this Pizza Salad Pita Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (6 inch) white pita bread or 3 (6 inch) whole wheat pita bread
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion (optional)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 ounce pepperoni slice, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cherry tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, pepperoni, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, vinegar and garlic powder.
- Warm in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Cut each pita in half and warm in the microwave, about 30 seconds.
- Stuff each with a lettuce leaf; fill each pita with the pizza salad and serve.
I think the description says it all - quick and yummy! I made this exactly as posted, and had a nice, tasty lunch. Thanks for sharing, Sheila. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
This is an excellent sandwich. I prepared the filling earlier in the day and refrigerated. Then at dinner, I simply heated it up and put in the pita. How easy and how delicious. Thanks for sharing a great recipe OhSheila.