Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Also known as Pizza Chena and Italian Easter Pie. Very Italian, Very Delicious! Perfect for brunch! They'll be coming back for seconds!
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese (strain to remove excess moisture)
- 8 ounces farmer cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced (not shredded)
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, sliced thick and diced
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pastry dough - line a deep baking dish or 10 inch spring-form pan with half of the pie crust.
- Mix ricotta, farmers cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Fold in eggs, salami, ham, salt and pepper. Pour into pastry lined dish/pan. Top with remaining crust and seal the edges. Prick the top with a fork.
- Brush top of pastry dough with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes on bottom rack, then move to a top rack for 5-10 minuntes more or until top is golden brown. Cool a bit before serving, can be served warm or at room temperature.