Recipe by Golden Sunflower
Also known as Pizza Chena and Italian Easter Pie. Very Italian, Very Delicious! Perfect for brunch! They'll be coming back for seconds!
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese (strain to remove excess moisture)
- 8 ounces farmer cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced (not shredded)
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, sliced thick and diced
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pastry dough - line a deep baking dish or 10 inch spring-form pan with half of the pie crust.
- Mix ricotta, farmers cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Fold in eggs, salami, ham, salt and pepper. Pour into pastry lined dish/pan. Top with remaining crust and seal the edges. Prick the top with a fork.
- Brush top of pastry dough with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes on bottom rack, then move to a top rack for 5-10 minuntes more or until top is golden brown. Cool a bit before serving, can be served warm or at room temperature.