Prep 1 hr
Cook 11 mins
American Pie; Peter Reinhart
Make and share this Pizza Rosa Al Bianco recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pizza dough, for two 9-inch pizzas (Neapolitan-Style Pizza Dough)
- unbleached all-purpose flour or cornmeal or semolina flour, for dusting peel
- 1 torpedo red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 24 pistachio nuts, very coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place a baking stone on the middle shelf of the oven; preheat oven to highest setting for at least 1 hour.
- *Make pizza one at a time unless your peel and oven can accommodate both pizzas.
- Shape dough on floured surface; transfer dough to a peel or inverted sheet pan that has been dusted with flour.
- Spread half the onion slices over the dough; sprinkle half of the cheese over the onions, the scatter half each of the nuts and rosemary over the top.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over the top, spiraling it out from the center.
- Carefully slide the pizza from the peel onto the baking stone; bake 7-9 minutes.
- When pizza is done—crust should be puffy and slightly charred on the edge and thinner in the center, and the cheese should be golden.
- The underside should be browned and crisp, not white and soft.
- Remove pizza from oven and serve it whole or let it cool for about 2 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make the second pizza.