Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from TOH. I'm saving it b/c I know DH will love these. I'll have to switch the veggies around for him, but I'm sure just about anything will work. These are supposed to freeze well too. They've got to be better than the store bought ones!
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 28 ounces pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onions.
- Stir in pizza sauce until combined.
- Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling.
- Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tight to seal.
- In a skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 375.
- Fry pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
I made these during the week for lunch and my son and I enjoyed them. I think that I would either halve the pepperoni or dice it next time just because it would be easier to eat. I left out the sausage and just used green bell pepper. They were easy to wrap up and fry. I think this is a great versatile recipe that can be changed up to suit anyone. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2007.