1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- French bread dough (bought & thawed) or bread machine dough (bought & thawed)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red peppers or 1 medium yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup old, cheddar cheese, grated
- 1In a large frying pan or wak,fry up the beef (turkey, chicken) and drain the fat.
- 2Add the next 10 items into the pan and saute to your liking and add a little bit of water if needed.
- 3Add the ground meat and mix then simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, roll out the dough as if making pinwheels (retangular shape) to the thickness of about 1/2 an inch.
- 6Now mix the cheeses with the topping mixture and spread onto the dough.
- 7Roll up the dough and pinch at the ends quite well.
- 8Then cut into 1 inch thickness or make 16 rounds.
- 9Let rise for an hour or double in size on well greesed cookie sheets.
- 10Preheat oven at 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Roll
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.3
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 102.4 mg
- Sodium 597.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 31.5 g