Recipe by Kathy I C
I cut this out of a magazine; I think Taste of Home. My guys loved it!
Top Review by Ceezie
This was pretty tasty ... tasted more like lasagna then pizza but still tasted good. I used brown rice and longhorn cheese but other then that followed the recipe. It was good the second day for lunch as well. Thanks
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat then drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine the rice and cottage cheese.Put 1/2 into a greased 11"x7"x2" baking dish.
- Top with half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes until heated through and bubbly.