Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this up last night and everyone said it tasted like pizza. It's an easy light meal, and vegetarian too! It's best to use a beefsteak or slicing tomato, less seeds and liquid.
- 5 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thin
- Whisk eggs, milk and herbs together.
- add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- scatter zucchini and cheese in a greased pie plate and pour egg mixture over it.
- top with sliced tomato (and grated parmesan if you want!).
- bake at 375 for 40 minutes until gold and puffy.
- cool 15 minutes before slicing.
Good for a low carb diet. I added diced up pepperoni to mine to add some flavor. Overall I liked it & would make it again but I may change the cheese next time to give it more kick.
I thought this was very pretty, pretty tasty and low carb. Unfortunately, DH who's on the low carb diet didn't care for it.
This was a really good idea for a quiche! It was pretty easy and simple to make and it looked so pretty after baking with the tomatoes on top! I used about 2 small roma tomatoes, which worked well. Most people in my family seemed to like it; my picky brother said he didn't like it because of the herbs or something. *shrug* Thanks for the recipe newmama! (I forgot about taking pictures until it was almost all eaten..oops!)