1/5 Photos of Pizza Quiche
1 hr 30 mins
A little different twist to quiche.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce (use your favorite)
- 12 tablespoons additional pizza sauce (optional)
- 1Remove and discard casing from sausage.
- 2Cook sausage in a medium skillet until browned, stirring to crumble; drain well, and set aside.
- 3Line a 9-inch quiche dish or pieplate with half of pastry; flute edges.
- 4Bake at 450 for 5 minutes; prick pastry with fork, and bake additional 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven; reduce oven temp to 350.
- 6Combine eggs, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning; beat well.
- 7Stir in cooked sausage,pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and Parmesan cheese.
- 8Spoon egg mixture into baked pastry shell.
- 9Cut an 8-inch circle out of remaining pastry; cut circle into 6 wedges.
- 10Arrange pastry wedges on top of filling.
- 11Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Let cool 10 minutes.
- 13Spoon 2 T pizza sauce over each pastry wedge on top of quiche.
- 14(you can skip this last part if you want to cut back on sauce, it's really just for looks).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.1
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 175.6 mg
- Sodium 1411.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: