A little different twist to quiche.
Make and share this Pizza Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce (use your favorite)
- 12 tablespoons additional pizza sauce (optional)
- Remove and discard casing from sausage.
- Cook sausage in a medium skillet until browned, stirring to crumble; drain well, and set aside.
- Line a 9-inch quiche dish or pieplate with half of pastry; flute edges.
- Bake at 450 for 5 minutes; prick pastry with fork, and bake additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; reduce oven temp to 350.
- Combine eggs, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning; beat well.
- Stir in cooked sausage,pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon egg mixture into baked pastry shell.
- Cut an 8-inch circle out of remaining pastry; cut circle into 6 wedges.
- Arrange pastry wedges on top of filling.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2 T pizza sauce over each pastry wedge on top of quiche.
- (you can skip this last part if you want to cut back on sauce, it's really just for looks).
This was yummy. It needed more than an 1 hour for the filling to set. Don't know if my pie crust was smaller. Next time I would try it without the wedges on top. Thanks for sharing!
Who doesnt like pizza? Who doesnt like quiche? Its a win win recipe if you ask me!
This tasted pretty good and was easy to make. After I started baking the pie crust I realized that I didn't have any pepperoni, so I fried half a pack of bacon and crumbled it in place of the pepperoni. Thanks for the recipe.