Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from Canadian Catholic Ladies Treasured Family Recipes.
Top Review by gertc96
We thought this was good. It's got lots of possibilities. I used some left over pizza sauce I had, but think that there could be more thank 2 tbs added. I also wasn't able to use all of my egg mixture. My pie shell was overflowing, but it still turned out well. I diced up some red pepper I had and put it in as well. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR-2010.
- 1 pie shell
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread tomato sauce over pie shell.
- Saute ground beef, onions, mushrooms and green pepper until beef is mostly browned.
- Spread into pie crust.
- Top with Mozzarella and oregano.
- Combine eggs, milk and cream, pour over pie.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until set.