Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
I came up with this a few years ago while pregnant with my first child and it's a huge hit with everyone who's tried them.
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 3⁄4 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 40 -50 pepperoni slices
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and preheat to medium heat.
- Place tortillas on a plate and put 3 tablespoons pizza sauce on half of each one.
- Then top with 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese and 5 - 7 pepperoni slices.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over filled side to make a semi-circle and place in preheated skillet. (Only 2 tortillas will fit in skillet at the same time.).
- Cook until golden brown, flip and cook until golden brown on second side.
- For added effect or as an appetizer, cut cooked quesadilla in half while cooling.
I make this frequently and serve it with warmed marinara to dip the wedges into. It is a hit usually for everyone (including me and hubby) who eats it, and so simple and fast. Thanks for posting this on Recipezaar!
Cheap and easy!!! i have a quesadilla maker so its soo much cooler in the house during the summer to just plug in the quesadilla maker in stead of heating up the oven
Wow, this is one of those "why didn't I think of that" recipes!You posted a recipe that finally got my kids and I out of a boring lunch time rut of the same old same old. New recipes don't always go over well with my 5 yr old and 17 month old, but they both inhaled these! I used whole wheat tortillas & mixed some part skim mozzarella with 2% cheddar for the cheese. I also used turkey pepperoni & a fresh marinara I made with garden ripe tomatoes & fresh basil. Super yummy lunch that the mommy (me :) ) loved as much as the kids. My daughter calls them pizzadillas and asks for them often now. Can't wait to make one for a snack for my hubby! Thanks!