Recipe by grandma2969
wholesome dog treats for your special friend..if you are worried about tomato paste staining your carpets, sometimes I make them and feed him outside or leave off tomato paste and decorate with bacon bits or granulated bouillon bits..use your imagination.. I always use Oscar Mayer bacon bits, or some bacon left over from breakfast..not Baco's
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- cooked chicken or salmon, etc. vary as desired, our dog likes parmesan cheese sprinkled on them also before baking
Directions See How It's Made
- place flour and cornmeal into medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk well.add water and oil and combine well.
- place dough on lightly floured surface.
- knead for 3-4 minutes till smooth.
- roll approximately 1/4" thick.cut with round cutters in desired size.
- mix garlic powder, italian seasoning etc into tomato paste. spread a little evenly over tops of each circle.
- add desired toppings if you choose; this is where I sometimes add chicken, salmon, bacon bits, etc.
- I place them on parchment lined sheets, or sprayed sheets and bake for approximately 25 minutes at 350*.