Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make this often, my family loves this as an alternative to pizza, you may use your own favorite pizza sauce in place of the sauce ingredients, I do all the time, have fun using different toppings :)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce (can be used if desired instead of above ingredients) or 1⁄3 cup favorite pizza sauce (can be used if desired instead of above ingredients)
- 1⁄2 cup diced pepperoni (OR both combined) or 1⁄2 cup salami (OR both combined)
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell peppers (OR both) or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper (OR both)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan or an 11 x 7-inc pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, flour and milk until smooth.
- Stir in onion, butter, salt and cayenne.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- In another small bowl, combine oregano, basil, garlic powder and tomato sauce; gently drizzle over the batter, and cut in with a knife to produce a marbled effect. (reserve a couple of tablespoons of sauce for the top of the pizza puff).
- Sprinkle pepperoni or salami and the bell peppers and whatever else you would like to use such as mushrooms, onions etc over the sauce; dot with a little more sauce over the cheese (this is optional).
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Decided to try this for breakfast this morning. Doubled it. Think it was a 10x14 pan? that I used. It's just slightly bigger than my 9x13 pans.
Used half milk and half half-and-half cream. Red onion, 4 shakes of cayenne. 1/2 t garlic powder and an 8 oz can of tomato sauce and whatever else you had in your recipe. Chose salami, red pepper, black olives, mozzarella and cheddar for our toppings. Had to cook it a wee bit longer because of doubling it.
Hubby and I really liked it. Daughters - not so much. What do they know. They insisted they don%u2019t like eggs. Ugh! Who cares, this will be a regular. Thanks you.
This was super easy to make but it was really eggy, too much for me but if you love strata type dishes this is a great one! Plus all the ingredients are pantry handy and I was able to find the recipe and make it for lunch right away!
This is a really quick and easy dish!It tasted like a pizza quiche i used canned pizza sauce and topped it with salami, pepperoni, green bell peppers and black olives.Thanks kittencal for the recipe i will do it again.