An easy dish, ground beef or Italian sausage,seasoned with a jar of spaghetti sauce, topped with a popover topping. Kids love this. From a local Junior League cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) jar spaghetti or 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Brown the meat in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper. Saute for a few minutes until softened.
- 3Add the spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for five minutes. Spread the meat mixture in a 9"x13" baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the meat mixture.
- 4In a blender jar, combine the eggs, milk, flour and salt. blend until smooth. Pur over the meat mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake in a 400 degree oven until puffy and browned, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Puff Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1009.4
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 219.3 mg
- Sodium 849.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 61.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: