Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on a pizza recipe that I found on Boboli.com. I made a few changes to suit my tastes.
- 12 inches Boboli pizza crusts, original crust
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup artichoke heart, cut into eigths (from a can)
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until it starts making noise.
- Throw in the artichokes, red peppers, herbs and balsamic vinegar. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the Boboli crust.
- Sprinkle the cheeses on top.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake on a baking sheet in the lower third of the oven 8-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
Thanks to Halcyon's review I added extra herbs de provence and added extra garlic since we are huge garlic eaters. I also added red onion, green onion and some left over thanksgiving ham. It came together really nice.
We liked this pretty well, but I think I'll tweak it a bit next time. First, more herbs de provence would be nice--the small amount really was overwhelmed by the roast pepper. A bit more garlic would be nice, too. I used a pizza crust rather than Boboli (since I can't eat Boboli); I think brushing it with some olive oil and maybe a little garlic, and possibly a grind or two of sea salt, would be tasty. If one wanted more vegs, I think eggplant would be good on this, and/or some halved heirloom cherry tomatoes. Overall, it was a very nice veggie pizza, and a nice change from the usual veggie pizzas. Thanks for posting, ChipotleChick! Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008. UPDATE: upping to 5 stars, as it really grew on me, and also it reheated very well. Thanks again!