Prep 30 mins
Cook 31 mins
From Vegetarian Times
- 1 pizza crust (freshly made or commercial, 12 to 14 inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small italian eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 10 -15 pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 t. dried thyme)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°; prebake fresh pizza crust, if using for 3-4 minutes; remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat; add onion and stir/saute 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the eggplant; cover and cook 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add in the tomatoes and green beans; cover and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the olives, capers, vinegar, basil, and thyme; stir and remove from the heat.
- Spread the vegetable mixture over the crust; sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese melts; remove from oven and serve.