These pretzels are nice to take for lunches and good snacks. My sister gave this recipe to me and I have really enjoyed making them, but also eating them!
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the hot water, add yeast, oil, salt and flour.
- Mix well and if needed you can add up to 2 more cups of flour.
- Knead and divide dough into 40 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 8- 10 inch rope and shape into pretzel.
- Place onto greased large cookie sheets.
- Let rise.
- Just before baking spread about 1+ tsps spaghetti sauce and about 1 T mozzarella cheese on each one.
- Bake at 400 degF for 10- 15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on racks.
I halved the recipe otherwise you end up with a LOT of pretzels! Good taste, use olive oil not vegetable oil and use pizza sauce instead of spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle on cheese only 1/2 way through baking so it doesn't burn.