1/1 Photo of Pizza Pretzels
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
We used to be able to buy these from a local bakery, but I can't find them anymore. My daughter was going into withdrawal, so I came up with these. They are great to store in the freezer...nuke them for a couple minutes and you have a quick snack or lunch! (Rising time included in prep time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide pizza dough into 4 equal pieces.
- 2Roll each piece into a rope, 18-24" long.
- 3If you must use flour, use sparingly.
- 4Form each rope into a pretzel, pressing the ends of the rope into the dough so it doesn't untwist.
- 5Place on sprayed or greased baking sheet, leaving space around each pretzel.
- 6Cover and let rise until almost double, about 1 hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 400*.
- 8Gently spread about 1 tbl of pizza sauce onto each pretzel, allowing some of the sauce down into the holes which have probably mostly closed up.
- 9Sprinkle with oregano if desired.
- 10Bake for 8-10 minutes, until bottoms are a darker golden.
- 11Immediately place a slice of provolone onto each pretzel.
- 12At this point, I allow them to cool, pack each one in a baggie and then refrigerate or freeze.
- 13From the fridge, you'll probably need about 1 minute in the microwave; from the freezer, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- 14To enjoy right away: turn oven off and place pan back in until cheese starts to melt.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 277.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: