Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe years ago, from Betty Crocker, I think. My boys really loved it! Even though they are grown now, they still ask for it. It is so simple and gives you that "Pizza Kick".
- 1 package scalloped potatoes mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 (4 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 1 (4 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- Empty potato slices and packet of seasoned sauce mix into a 2 quart casserole (ungreased).
- Heat tomatoes,water and oregano to boiling; stir into the potatoes.
- Arrange pepperoni on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
I've made this recipe for over 25 yrs and was happy to see it posted here! It kicks up a box of scalloped potatoes nicely! My kids used to love this...and I loved the fact that it was easy to make!
I made this once and potatoe dishes are always very popular at potlucks, this one was no exception. I passed this recipe on to my 84 yr old mother who took it to a neighborhood gathering and they judged this to be the best dish brought....she even won a nice prize. She came back and called me imediately with sheer excitment in her voice....for that reason alone it deserves a 10 rating. Your dish became part of our family history.....:)
I'm not rating this recipe as I haven't tried it yet. But the copy I have is a bit different. It says to add 1/2 lb ground beef, Italian sausage or pepperoni (I use some of it all sometimes). It also calls for 1 T Italian spices, and 1/4 t garlic powder. The bake time is different too it says to bake on 350 for 30 then top with the cheese return to the oven for 5 more minutes. Overall this sounds yummy and I plan to have this soon. Thanks for posting! Christine (internetnut)