Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My husband would rather have these instead of actual pizza.
Make and share this Pizza Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 ounces pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- Saute potato and onion slices in olive oil in skillet until onions appear transparent. Drain well.
- In crockpot, combine potatoes, onions, cheese, pepperoni and salt.
- Pour pizza sauce over top.
- Cover, cook on low 6-10 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- I usually let mine cook about 8 hours.
- You can also add any of your fave pizza toppings to these. I'd just suggest that you saute them with the potatoes and onions.
I thought this was a boring dish and won't make it again.
Everybody loved this recipe! We had it as a main dish with steamed broccoli on the side. I used the pepperoni and (as per step #6), I added some mushrooms and Healthy Choice smoked turkey sausage. Deeeeelicious! Besides for just us, I can see me making this for lots of potlucks/picnics. Thanx for sharing.
I made this for the second 2006 Pick A Chef Contest. This was very good. Although I have a 6 quart crock pot so next time I will need to double it so that it cooks better in the size that I have. The only thing that I would change is once you get everything in the crockpot I would take a giant wooden spoon and stir!!! Get all of that sauce and other spices all mixed up in the potatoes!! The bottom potatoes were a little bland and I think a good stir would cure that problem for sure. Other than that there is no need to change this wonderful recipe!!! Awesome job!!!