Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is delicious as a main dish for dinner (serve salad and garlic bread with it) or as a potluck-type dish. I believe that it came from one of the Reiman magazines originally. I often double the recipe when I make it.
- In a saucepan, bring tomatoes, water and oregano to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the potatoes and contents of its sauce mix in a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Place pepperoni over potatoes, then pour the tomato sauce over top.
- Pour the boiling tomato mixture over top of it all.
- Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer.
I used au gratin potatoes and loved the fact that this version of this recipe (compared to others on this site) adds a can of tomato sauce - seemed to keep the dish from getting dry. I also like that this one has you place the cheese on only near the end instead of at the start of cooking - no burnt cheese nice and gooey!