Recipe by myrnabarager
This recipe is from Foodland Ontario. A twist on pizza using fresh vegetables. Omit pepperoni for a vegetarian version. Toppings are your choice (mushrooms, olives, onions, etc.). It's great for reheating in the microwave. I tried this once then lost the recipe when my computer crashed. Thankfully, I found it again today so am posting it.
- 680.38 g potatoes (3 to 4 medium)
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 538.64 g can tomatoes
- 59.14 ml diced sweet green pepper
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 354.88 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 56.69 g sliced pepperoni
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes; cook for 3 minutes in boiling salted water or until tender-crisp. Drain well in colander and rinse with cold water; blot dry with paper towel.
- Brush 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie plate with half of the olive oil; arrange half of the potatoes over bottom. Drain tomatoes; discard juice. Arrange half of the tomatoes over potatoes; sprinkle with half each of the green pepper, oregano and basil. Sprinkle with half each of the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Repeat with layer of potatoes, remaining olive oil, tomatoes, green pepper, oregano and basil. Cover with foil and bake in 400 degree Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove foil. Top with pepperoni and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is bubbling.