Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this out of one of my Mum's old cook books, the book is very old and virtually falling apart and she was close to throwing it out so I had to rescue some of the better recipes, this is one of them. :)
- 1 kg potato, Peeled
- 1 cup finely chopped capsicum (I prefer red)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup finely sliced spring onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 3⁄4 grated tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (415 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 200c.
- Thinly slice potato and microwave in a little water for 12 - 15 minutes, Drain. Run under cold water to cool, taking care not to break them.
- In a large bowl place all ingredients except canned tomatoes, water and potatoes, and mix well.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, layer 1/2 the potatoes in the bottom. Sprinkle 1/2 the pizza mix over potatoes. Then layer the rest of the potatoes on top.
- Mix canned tomatoes and water, pour over top of the potatoes. Top with rest of pizza mix.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour remove foil and bake for a further 15 minutes til browned.
Wow! Tastes so much like pizza! A very budget friendly meal and easy, too. Thanks for posting this. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.