Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my picky princess’s (age 7) idea. Boy was it good. I recommend Francesco Rinaldi sauce. And definitely use the toughest crusts you can or it will fall apart. I highly suggest tinkering with ingredients, and if you change the receipt and want to post it please tell me so that I can try your version.
- Follow instructions to prebake pie crusts until light golden brown.
- Brown Italian sausage.
- Chop pepper, onion, mushrooms and mix together.
- Brown half of the veggies with the sausage.
- Remove pie crusts and cool.
- Cool sausage mixture.
- In large mixing bowl combine all of the veggies, sausage and most of the cheese (leave enough to put a layer on top of pies).
- Add enough sauce to make the mix moist but not sloppy (Think fruit pie if you've ever made one from scratch).
- Fill each pie crust with filling.
- Top with left over cheese and then pepperoni.
- Bake at 300°F until the cheese melts and pies are warmed through.