Recipe by Vicki in CT
This is basically an upside down pizza. Kids love this! I serve with a salad for a super easy dinner. I use fat-free cheese to reduce the fat.
Top Review by FloridaGrl
This was a big hit with my DH, who thinks pizza should be at the top of the food pyramid! I also chopped up some turkey pepperoni, and used turkey Italian sausage. Will be a definate repeater. Thanks for posting!
- 907.18 g Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 340.19 g spaghetti sauce
- 709.77 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 393.49 g refrigerated pillsbury classic prepared pizza crust
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir sauce into cooked meat. Spoon into 13 X 9 inch pan. Top with mozzarella and 1/2 cup of the parmesan.
- Roll out crust into 13 X 9 inch rectangle. Place over cheese and meat mixture. Seal edges.
- With knife cut small slit into crust to vent. Brush with egg and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until browned on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.