Recipe by looneytunesfan
Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese punch up this easy skillet recipe with the pizza taste that kids—and guests of all ages—are sure to love.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce or 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove and keep warm. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain.
- Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°, turning once. Layer pork with pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.