These are great to have ready in the freezer for school lunches or snacks. I got this recipe from my church cookbook and have made it several times. I bake mine in the oven instead of deep frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2Cut in the shortening and add milk slowly, stirring constantly to form a soft dough.
- 3Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.
- 4Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut into 4 inch circles.
- 5Place circles on a plate and cover with a damp cloth.
- 6In a medium bowl mix tomato sauce, pepperoni, onions and mushrooms.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Stir in cheese and oregano until well combined.
- 9Place 2 T filling in the center of each circle, fold dough over to make a half circle.
- 10Press the edges tog with fingers.
- 11Pinch edges with a fork to completely seal.
- 12Deep fry in hot oil or bake at 400 degF for 15 minutes on well greased cookie sheet.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Pops
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.2
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 465.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g