Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter and her friends were playing around in the kitchen one night while waiting for a rented movie to rewind, and came up with this gem. Don't make it too soon before the movie, it won't last!
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon herb seasoning mix (Italian)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 quarts popped popcorn, fresh and hot
- In a blender or small food processor, blend Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian herb seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper until finely ground (approximately 3 minutes).
- Place popcorn in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Store in airtight container until ready to serve (if it lasts that long).
I accidentally submited without leaving commments!!! THIS IS A 5 STAR RECIPE! It is fantastic! I am doing Weight Watchers and I used air popped popcorn and fat free butter spray along with the listed ingredients for a low fat snack! Finding healthy recipes like this one, makes my day. I came up with this for points: 3 cups of air popped pizza popcorn= 2 points!
Good combo for a quick snack! I melted 2T of butter and added the spices into it so they'd stick. Didn't remind me much of pizza, but good all the same! Thanks!
My husband doesn't like cheese, so I left that ingredient out and it was still great! The more we ate, the more we wanted.. I mixed the ingredients with real butter. YUMMY! Thanks girls! and Thanks Mirj!