Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These take a little work but tastier then store bought and healthier aswell. I make a bunch of these and parcook and freeze. Parcook for5 to 6 minutes just so the dough set up. Remove from oven and cool, wrap well and freeze. To reheat, if you defrost they go mushy ..go from freezer to cookie sheet and cook at 375 for 10 to 15 minutes. All ovens are different so check them often till you get the timing right.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean turkey sausage (breast meat only)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup reduced fat pizza sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumble ground meat into a large nonstick skillet, add garlic powder and cook over medium heat until browned and no longer pink.
- Should be approx.
- 1 cup browned meat.
- Add pizza sauce and heat through.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles and press perforations to seal portions not being separated.
- Press or roll each rectangle to form a 6 x 4-inch rectangle.
- Place 1 slice Canadian-style bacon in the center of each dough rectangle.
- Top with a spoonful of pizza sauce and some shredded cheese Fold long sides of each rectangle over filling to meet in center.
- Gently pinch center and ends to seal pocket.
- Place completed pockets seam side down on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool recipe. Though it has alot of steps. I think that you should make a small square of it and put less things on it. So it can be healthy and good. Fr: AN313