1/3 Photos of Pizza Pockets
* Pamela *'s Note:
This is an adopted recipe! These freeze well, great for OAMC!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pizza Pocket Filling
- 1Mix 1 1/4 cups flour, yeast and salt in bowl.
- 2Stir in warm water.
- 3Beat on low speed for 1/2 minute. Scrape bowl constantly.
- 4Beat 3 minutes on high speed.
- 5Stir in remaining flour with a spoon.
- 6Turn dough out on floured surface. Knead 6 to 8 minutes.
- 7Cover dough; let rest for 10 minutes.
- 8Divide into 6 parts.
- 9(Dough is also excellent pizza dough.) Filling instructions: Brown and drain sausage, green pepper and onion.
- 10Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste, spices and water.
- 11Cook 5 minutes.
- 12Roll each portion of pizza pocket dough into rounds.
- 13Spoon 1/6 of filling and 1/6 of cheese onto each pizza pocket round.
- 14Fold dough in half and close with fork tines.
- 15Brush with beaten egg.
- 16Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 1148.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g