This is an adopted recipe! These freeze well, great for OAMC!
Make and share this Pizza Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Pizza Pocket Filling
- 1⁄2 cup sausage or 1⁄2 cup pepperoni or 1⁄2 cup ham
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mix 1 1/4 cups flour, yeast and salt in bowl.
- Stir in warm water.
- Beat on low speed for 1/2 minute. Scrape bowl constantly.
- Beat 3 minutes on high speed.
- Stir in remaining flour with a spoon.
- Turn dough out on floured surface. Knead 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cover dough; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 6 parts.
- (Dough is also excellent pizza dough.) Filling instructions: Brown and drain sausage, green pepper and onion.
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste, spices and water.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Roll each portion of pizza pocket dough into rounds.
- Spoon 1/6 of filling and 1/6 of cheese onto each pizza pocket round.
- Fold dough in half and close with fork tines.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.