Recipe by nikki ciciretto
This is a slightly sweet dough that I use for making mini pizza pockets. It's a really yummy recipe and a real kid pleaser that will get gobbled up fast. You can also use it to make a large pizza and is freezer friendly.
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yeast warm water let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix flour sugar baking powder, soda salt and butter.
- Mix till crumbly.
- To make buttermilk, mix 1 tsp or vinegar or lemon juice with 1 c of milk.
- Stir buttermilk and yeast in dry.
- On a floured surface knead dough until it comes together; cut into 4th.
- Roll to 1/4 inch think and with a upside down cup or circle cookie cutter make circles.
- Fill half full; fold and pinch together.
- Place pockets on a baking pan and brush with milk.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15-30 minutes.