Recipe by cookiedog
This recipe by Barbara Maier was the $400 winner of the Potluck Salad Category in BH&G magazine.
- 1 (8 ounce) package greens
- 1 (5 ounce) packagebaby lettuce
- 4 cups grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced, separated in rings
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, cut in bite-size strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces link pepperoni, casing removed, and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) boxitalian seasoned croutons
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup snipped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (freshly snipped)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a extra-large salad bowl combine greens and lettuces. Top with tomatoes, red onion, sweet pepper, beans, pepperoni, and cheese. Cover and chill up to 6 hours. Makes 20 servings.
- Herb Dressing: In screw-top jar combine 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil; 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar; 1/4 cup snipped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley; 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil; 4 garlic cloves, minced; 1 teaspoon sea salt or 3/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and shake. Before serving, shake dressing well; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons.