Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got a recipe from a friend which I altered slightly with what I had on hand and came up with these. The basic recipe and concept can be altered with a variety of fillings such as ham and pineapple or try with pesto sauce instead.
- 3 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled or 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese, for topping before baking
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Then cut butter into mixture to make a coarse crumble.
- Add milk and mix into a soft dough is formed. I was careful not to mix too much to prevent the dough from getting too tough.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle shape (about the size of a 13x9-inch shape).
- Spread dough with sauce then sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Roll up dough on the longer side into a log shape.
- Cut log into 10 to 12 pieces.
- Place spiral side up on a sprayed baking sheet.