Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great for quick weeknight suppers!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 10 -12 slices pepperoni (optional)
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ground parmesan cheese
- Cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic and fennel til done. Drain grease.
- Stir in rest of ingredients except cheeses.
- Pour beef mixture into unbaked pie shell. Top with pepperoni slices if desired.
- Bake in 400º oven for 15 minutes.
- Top evenly with mozzarella slices.
- Sprinkle top evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or til crust is nicely browned and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 6-8 servings.
- *You can sub sausage for part or all of the hamburger if you wish.
- **You can precook pepperoni in the microwave first, too, to release some of the grease before topping pizza. Do this on paper towels.
Quick and easy, this recipe is great, especially when you get home late from work and want to get dinner on the table in a jif. We really enjoyed it! I did leave out the fennel. I think next time I may try it with the sausage instead and add the fennel Thank you Wildflour! Michelle