This recipe is from Woman's World magazine. It makes a great dish for pot-luck dinners or work "food days."
- 8 ounces pasta, such as bowtie
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil, preferably olive
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry pizza seasoning, such as mccormick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved,about 2 cups
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced pepperoni, about 2 oz
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, seasoning and salt.
- In large bowl combine pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, pepperoni, olives, onion, parmesan and basil.
- Add dressing; toss.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
A search for "pizza pasta salad" found 7 recipes here at RZ & I'm surprised this hasn't been reviewed - esp since it resembles a "loaded" pizza more than the others. I added canned mushrooms, made a day ahead so all the flavors would blend & it was excellent. Thx.
Is it strange that I look for recipes simply to use up aging spices? I had made up a batch of Papa John's Pizza Seasoning (which I apparently never reviewed) for a recipe I no longer make. This was easy and tasty. I was a bit short on mozzarella cheese. I used sliced jarred kalamata olives instead of the can of olives.
Just made this for my lunch tomorrow. Very tasty! I did add a bit of Splenda just to sweeten the dressing a little. Great pasta salad, though! Easy to add or leave stuff out to your own taste.