Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A modified version of a recipe in the summer 2006 issue of Kraft Food&Family.
- 4 cups cooked penne pasta (about 3 cups uncooked)
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped (I left these out)
- 12 slices hard salami, chopped (Oscar Mayer)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft roasted red pepper italian parmesan dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to blend flavors.
I really liked the idea, but we just didn't care for the dressing. I think I will try again with maybe zesty italian. Thank-you for posting!
Fabulous! The best pasta salad I have ever made or eaten!! I actually found this recipe in the Summer 2008 edition of my Kraft What's Cooking magazine. The Kraft recipe calls for fresh basil but I used dried, as posted here. This recipe makes a HUGE bowl! It probably serves 6 as a main dish but many more people as a side dish. I took this salad to a family bbq & everyone enjoyed it.