Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this up tonight as I had some leftover polenta that needed to be used. I didn't have the ingredients I needed on hand to make Catalan Sauteed Polenta and Butter Beans which this is strongly inspired by. This was made entirely with ingredients already on hand. This is rich!
- 500 g prepared polenta, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 birdseye chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 140 g pizza sauce
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat the butter on low heat in a large fry pan.
- Add the garlic and let it fry for about 30 seconds before adding the polenta cubes in a single layer and browning them.
- When you're happy with how your polenta looks, add the onions and chilli and stir through, let them cook a little longer.
- Sprinkle with paprika and stir through.
- Add the chickpeas, vinegar and pizza sauce and stir through.
- Add the basil leaves and let everything cook on medium low heat until the leaves are wilted.
- Stir through the cheese and serve immediately.