Recipe by NurseJaney
Friend fixed this for our lunch recently, and I was surprised at how many veggies can be packed into one really tasty dish. It can be lightened up with your choice cheeses, but doggoneit ! FAT tastes good ! Says it serves 6-8, but don't count on it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti, cooked
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 2 cups pizza sauce, approximately
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat 1 egg, stir in spaghetti, 2 Tablespoons Parmesan, and butter.
- Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Spread spinach over top.
- In a bowl, beat remaining egg. Stir in Ricotta and remaining Parmesan.
- Spread over spinach.
- Combine pizza sauce, carrot, mushrooms, oregano, basil, and garlic powder.
- Pour over cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake 5 more minutes, until cheese melts.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Try to have each layer slightly less filled to the edge, so that each layer is visible.
- Cooking time does not include boiling pasta.