From Feb 2013 issue of Cuisine at Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces pasta, dry, campanelle is suggested
- 5 ounces pepperoni stick, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 2 (8 ounce) packages button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water; drain.
- 2[Preheat broiler to high with rack 6-8 inches from element].
- 3Saute pepperoni in a large saute pan over medium high heat until beginning to crisp; transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Brown sausage in pepperoni drippings, 8 minutes. Transfer sausage to a separate paper towel lined plate.
- 4Saute mushrooms in sausage drippings until browned. Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper flakes. Cook 1 minute more. Stir in tomatoes and cook until slightly thickened, 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in cooked pasta, sausage, and olives. Layer mozzarella over casserole and top with pepperoni. Broil casserole until cheese is browned and bubbly. Sprinkle parmesan over top of casserole and garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.8
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 891.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: