Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was passed to me by a friend when my children were still at school. It was always a good stand-by when their friends came round as pretty much most children like pasta and pizza flavours; this 'bake' combines both of them.
- 500 g pasta, shapes
- 500 g spicy sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (400 g) jars spaghetti sauce (Bertolli's Tomato and Basil sauce is good, or home-made)
- 250 g cooked ham, cubed
- 375 -500 g pepperoni slices
- 375 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- Cook sausage, garlic powder and oregano with onions until the onions are transparent.
- Pour a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of a greased 9" x 13" x 3" oven-proof pan. Cover this with 1/3 of the pasta, 1/3 remaining sauce, 1/3 of mozzerella, 2 tablespoons parmesan, and 1/3 of the spicy sausage and onions mix.
- Repeat this layering twice more. Cover the top of the 'pie' with pepperoni.
- Bake in a preheated oven 375 degrees for 40 minutes then allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.