Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Goes well with garlic bread and a tossed salad. From Taste of Home.
Make and share this Pizza Parlor Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shell
- 1⁄3 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 1⁄3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, crumble the sausage into a skillet; add onion and green pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Drain pasta and stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer mixture into a 1 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Very good and easy casserole. I had leftover cooked meatballs, so I crumbled them up and used in place of the Italian sausage and I sauteed the bell peppers and onion in a little olive oil. After heating for 10 minutes the cheese was melted, but the food was not heated through so I placed the casserole back in the oven for another 15 minutes.