Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Kids brought this recipe home from after-school care. A very tasty and different lunch idea. They sure love them. Originally from TOH Quick-Cooking.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce, warmed
- Add the Bisquick, and Italian seasoning to a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, add the eggs and milk; whisk to combine.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir until just moistened (do not overmix).
- Gently fold in the cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes, and green pepper.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a lightly greased griddle or skillet.
- Turn when tops of pancakes are covered with bubbles.
- Cook until other side is golden brown.
- Serve with warmed pizza sauce.
this was so weird and yet they were soo good. When I was making them the smell was awesome... (I missed the chopped tomato in the recipe, next time will make as directed)
to pack for my kid's lunch I heated tomato sauce up and put it in her thermos and kept these wrapped on the side. so for lunch she just dipped the room temp pizza pancake into the hot marinara and she LOVED it...I packed her one too many so she shared with one of her friends who also gave it two thumbs up... this recipe is "kid tested, mother approved" :-)
These were very tasty and fun to make. I was disappointed that my kids didn't eat them, although they're both admittedly very picky eaters. I even omitted the green peppers in the hopes that they'd go for it. DH and I enjoyed them!
I have been looking at this recipe since I got my issue of Quick Cooking, and finally decided to give it a try. I made it exactly as written, but next time I will leave out the green peppers for the first couple, then stir them into the rest, since my 4 YO DS didn't like them in it. We all enjoyed them, and they were actually quite filling! We dipped them into warm marinara sauce and had a unique, fun, delicious lunch! They freeze well too for afternoon snacks! Thanks for posting!