1/3 Photos of Pizza Pancakes
This is a twist on English Pancakes (Delia Smith's recipe) that I created for a pizza night. English Pancakes are thin, almost like crepes and are often filled. They are not considered breakfast food in England, which I learned the hard way on my first Shrove Tuesday in England! My English boyfriend was skeptical of the pizza-style at first, but he approved after trying these! Be sure to spread the sauce thinly, what seems like a tiny bit is a lot when they are rolled up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g plain flour or 100 g all-purpose flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml milk, mixed with 75 ml water
- 50 g butter
- 473.18 ml pizza sauce
- 236.59 ml shredded Italian cheese blend
- sausage (any topping you want, but be sure to dice)
- 1Sift the flour and salt into a medium bowl.
- 2Make a well in the center. Add eggs into well and whisk together.
- 3Slowly add water and milk to pancakes while whisking to get out the lumps. (Should look like cream).
- 4Melt the butter in a skillet, add 2 tbsp to the batter and safe the rest for coating pan between pancakes.
- 5Heat pan to high, then reduce heat to medium.
- 6Ladle about 1/4 cup batter into skillet, swirling the skillet to coat evenly. Only put in enough to get an opaque coating.
- 7Cook until the edges look dry and start to crinkle (usually less than a minute).
- 8Flip and cook a few more seconds.
- 9Transfer to a plate to be the "rolling plate.".
- 10Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce to within ¼-½ inch of the edge. Sprinkle a thin layer of Italian blend shredded cheese.
- 11Add in desired toppings, such as diced pepperoni.
- 12Roll and place in oven on "warm" or lowest setting while the rest of the pancakes cook. Doing this also allows the sauce to warm up and the cheese to melt.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1052 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 385.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend