Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
From RecipeSource by Syd Bigger. My one concern was getting the cookie out of the pan intact and was groundless. Since I only wanted one I divided the recipe in half successfully. Watch the baking time closely.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease two 12 inch pizza pans.
- (I used butter flavored Pam) Cream butter, sugars, cream cheese and vanilla in a large bowl (thank God for KitchenAid stand mixers).
- Add eggs and beat until light.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture to form dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide dough in half and press each half evenly into pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.