Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick lunch for 2.
Make and share this Pizza on Pitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large pita bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to highest setting.
- Place pita bread on baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Scatter garlic and Italian seasoning over tomatoes.
- Add any optional toppings desired.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake until crust is crisp and browned about 10 to 15 minutes.
Very good pita pizza concept here, although I think the directions could use some clarification. I preheated my oven to highest setting, which is 550 - after 6 minutes I noticed smoke from the exhaust and the pizza's were quite crisp and plenty browned! If I had walked away for 10 minutes until the buzzer sounded... Since every oven is different, actual degree's might be more helpful. I made one each for my DH and I for lunch today and used crumbled goat cheese in place of the mozz - even with the zingy cheese, fresh basil and black olives, we felt these were a little plain. I wonder if sauteeing the ingredients before topping the pizza would bring the Italian flavors out more or if baking more slowly at a lower temp would bring out the flavors. Made for My 3-Chefs game.