Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe from the Ontario Egg Producers is a favourite breakfast or lunch dish with my grandchildren. I let them choose their own toppings and help with the cooking.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce or 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pepperoni (whatever) or 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms (whatever) or 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper (whatever)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or blend) or 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (or blend)
- Whisk eggs, water& seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in an 8 inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- As mixture begins to set, use a turner to gently push cooked portions toward the center.
- Tilt skillet to allow uncooked portions to flow into empty spaces.
- When egg is almost cooked but still looks moist, spread sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with toppings& cheese.
- TO MELT CHEESE: If the skillet is ovenproof, place under a preheated broiler for 1- 2 minutes (watch closely!) If the skillet is not ovenproof, place lid on skillet& cook for 1- 2 minutes.
Very tasty. My father used to make us something like this when we were kids. I used mushrooms, onions, and peppers and served with toast. Thanks!
Yummy! I made these with pepperoni, green bell pepper, and a Mexican cheese blend. Very simple, tasty, and filling. Thanks CountryLady for a nice keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Quite the hit! I used mushrooms, onions, and garlic and sauteed them, then added the egg mixture. Even the baby who ates eggs was begging for more.