Like having pizza for breakfast. We love this at our house. You can make all kinds of variations, adding meats or veggies, or omitting them to you personal taste. Kids love them.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, any color, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 5 slices pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sausage (optional)
- Beat eggs with water; season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Spray an 8-inch omelet pan or nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- In small saucepan, heat pizza sauce.
- Add sausage to skillet. Cook until browned. Set aside.
- Add pepper, onion, mushrooms, and seasoning to skillet. Cook, covered, over medium heat until peppers are soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cooked sausage to pepper mixture. Pour eggs over pepper mixture. (Eggs should set immediately at edges). With an inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach hot pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions as necessary. Reserving some sauce for topping, when top of omelet is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, spoon hot sauce over half of the omelet. Top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Slide from pan onto plate. Spoon on remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Mmmm, I love pizza so I knew I'd love this. I made as directed except I didn't include pepperoni (but I did include the sausage) and I didn't add the 2 Tbs water to the eggs, because from personal experience I just have an easier time making the omelets not fall apart when I don't thin them. It went together quite simply and smelled and tasted delicious.
I made this omelet for dinner and it really hit the spot. I had some left over pork tenderloin so I subbed that for the pepperoni and then upped the heat by using Chipotle sauce.I used lite cheeses and did add parmesan. Wonderful omelete lazyme - Thanks for posting
I made these omelet for my boys this morning before going out to shovel snow. It was a good hearty breakfast. I followed the recipe as written except I didn't add the pepperoni as I thought I had it but I didn't. These were yummy and the boys enjoyed them.